Clickbait headlines, and seven other ways to lose 10 pounds today!
Part Art, Part Science
Since 80 to 90% of visitors exposed to your content will only scan your headline, creating a killer headline is easily the most important factor in determining the success of your content.
Creating the ideal headline for your content is one part art, one part science, and no one rule of thumb applies to all brands. Testing and measurement are key to understanding what resonates with your specific audience.
7 ideas to try:
- Start with a proven formula: Numbers + Adjective + Target Keyword + Rationale + Promise
- Listicles: The top 10 reasons they aren’t just for BuzzFeed
- Mention your target audience: Three tips CMOs need to know
- Tease a list item: PB&J and the six other best sandwiches ever created
- Play off negatives: Avoiding increases in bounce rate
- Mention the length up front: Understand UTM tags in 5 minutes or less or Long read: …
- Reference your experts: Three tools our CSO uses to keep his laptop secure
Other resources we like:
- Buffer: Clickable headlines
- Buffer: 30+ ultimate headline formulas