Q: Who should use a quiz for content marketing?
B. Your competitors.
C. Your clients.
D. All of the above!
Online quizzes are popular for a reason.
- They’re a great way to turn otherwise static content into an interactive experience.
- They increase on-page engagement.
- They increase the chance that visitors will share your content.
When creating a quiz, tie it to your brand’s value to your customer:
- If you’re offering technology… Quiz: How secure is your organization?
- If you’re offering ice cream… Quiz: What flavor are you?
- If you’re offering SEO… Quiz: Is your site fully optimized for search?
Make the payoff worthwhile:
- Give a real result. Nothing is worse than taking the time to fill out a quiz and then getting results back that are clearly not based on your answers.
- Make it shareable. Be sure users get a result that is share-worthy.
Tips to create a great quiz:
- Link product names and images. How does this quiz tie to your brand? Link products directly in the quiz (and don’t forget to open in a new window with target=”_blank”).
- Present feedback after each question. Provide the user with relevant facts and make the quiz experience interactive and fun.
- Always present a single clear action after the completion of any quiz. Be sure to include a share button, a form fill, a link to another quiz or post, etc.